The RHandy portable Fast Responding Radiation Detector and Dose Rate Meter will instantly measure any material for the presence of radioactivity whether it is clothing, food, water or even air. The adjustable alarm threshold setting can be set to a predetermined radiation level or the recommended factory default alarm threshold can be used.
Operation of the RHandy is completely automatic once the easy-to-set operational parameters have been decided upon. Simply position the unit in close proximity to the object that needs to be scanned and listen for the varying audio alarm to sound and/or the displayed readings to increase. In addition to the units fast response there is a resettable accumulated Dose that can be used for personal absorbed Dose or can be located near the air intake to a home for accumulated Dose tracking of air filters. Tracking of the air intake filter will provide vital information when to switch off the air and when to change the filter. The selectable display readout will show the desired units of measure such as Counts per Second (CPS), or Dose-Rate (Sv/hr, or R/hr). The displayed radiation level is auto-scaling with warning messages.
to the object that needs to be scanned.
Instantly measures any material for the presence of radioactivity whether it is clothing, food, water or even air
Operation of the RHandy is completely automatic once the easy to set operational parameters have been decided upon.
This feature can also be used for monitoring the home's air intake. Tracking of the air intake filter will provide vital information such as when to switch off the air and when to change the filter.
- Rugged Case 11.04L x 5.97W x 2.97H cms (4.35” L x 2.35” W x 1.17” H)
- Display Window 3.58L x 4.22W cms (1.4” L x 1.66” W)
- Five Push Button Actuation
- Mini USB Connector for Internal Battery Charging
- Thru-hole Arrangement for Maximum Radiation Energy Penetration
- Thru-hole for Audio Alarm
- Weight 0.25 lbs (200g)
- Micro-Controller Based Architecture
- 6.35cm (2.5") LCD with Backlight
- Resolution: 128 x 128
- Backlight Auto-Off (180 seconds) with Push Button Auto-On
- 1.5” L x 0.5” Mica-Window GM Tube
- Audio Alarm
- Stable Low Noise H.V. Power Supply
- Internal 100 KB Flash Ram
- Internal Rechargeable Li Ion Battery with Charging LED indicator
- Battery Life: 10 hours of continuous operation
- Battery Recharge Time: 4.5 hours based on 2200mAh Battery
- Menu Driven User Interface
- Menu Feature Selection Controlled by a Five Push Button Actuation
- Selectable Features: Sensitivity, Date and Time, Units of Measure, Readings Update, Accumulation Time, Language
- Up to 6 Digit Auto-Scaling Displayed Radiation Level
- Selectable Displayed Units - CPS, Sv/hr, R/hr, (with auto scaling readout)
- Base Sampling Rate is 200 mSec, Screen Updates Every 1/Second
- Battery Level Indicator: Three Bars for Full Battery, Low Battery Warning Message Bar Flashing with Audio Beep, Unit Auto Off when battery is depleted
- Warning Messages: Scanning, Charge Battery, Initializing, Alarming, High Level Alarm, System Error, Calibration Required
- Energy Range: 30 KeV – 1.5 MeV
- Dose Rate Range: 0.01µSv/hr to 1.0 Sv/hr (1.0 µR/hr to 100.0 R/hr)
- Gamma Sensitivity: 60Co 18 (cps/mR/hr)
- Beta Sensitivity: I-131 (max. 606 KeV) Efficiency on contact is 97%
- Fast Scanning Response: 30.0 nSv/hr (3.0 µR/hr) Change Over Ambient Background.
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 - +70 0C
- Accumulated Dose: 4000mSv (resettable)
- Radiation High level alarm Warning Level: 5.0 µSv/hr (500.0 µR/hr)